Tuesday 15 May 2012

L'oreal Caresse in 07 Cheeky Magenta - Review

So after hearing at least 10 reviews on this product and numerous more on this particular colour I thought it looked like the perfect lip product for me.

It's not quite a lipstick with full impact colour, but a balm type lip product which still packs a punch in the colour department.
Cheeky Magenta (07) was the colour that drew my eye after seeing swatches from other blogs and it looked like the perfect bluey pink which I feel suits my skin tone best and I've been lacking on wearing pink recently so thought it would be the best spring/summer colour - if the weather EVER brightens up.






So is all the hype true?
YES!!!

This product is literally amazing, and I can't wait to get more when I get paid at the end of the month.
The consistency of the product is smooth, creamy and nourishing to the lips.
I find it does work as a lip balm but not as well as a product simply for this purpose.

Packaging wise I feel the lipstick looks expensive with packaging that is sturdy and won't pop open in your bag.
The fact the top and bottom also represent the colour inside makes it great to find when in a rush instead of opening all your lipsticks up (which I find myself doing too often, especially with Barry M's).

Swatch of Cheeky Magenta 07 - L'oreal Caresse


The staying power is not as good as your usual lipstick, however this is due to the sheer colour and nourishing purposes, it stays on for around 2 hours before needing a top-up, however if you were eating/drinking you'd probably need to reapply straight afterwards.
In cooler lights the blue tones of the pink really come out to play.

In warmer light it comes across as a bright pink.



Overall I feel this is going to be a firm favourite in my collection and as I said I can't wait to try out more in the range and for £7.99 I think this product is totally worth it, as I know I'll get through it during the warmer days !!


What are your thoughts on the L'oreal Caresse range? What colours are your favourite?

1 comment:

  1. I really like these lipsticks, I like the fact that they have a lip balm feel to them as well, pretty colour! x


    sophee.co.uk

    ReplyDelete